This is a quick and easy way to use up a package of frozen strawberries either from the store for the garden and to use up some yogurt either homemade or even store-bought. This is a tasty way to put a nice cool refreshing treat on the table for a warm summer day or just an after dinner dessert.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Ingredients
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (800g/ 28.2 OZ)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (125g/4.4 OZ)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons honey
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Cooking Directions
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and honey. Process the mixture until it is creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it until ready to serve.
- There are a few important tips for transforming frozen fruit into fabulously healthy Greek frozen yogurt:
- You can use any type of frozen fruit in this recipe.
- You can use any flavor and percentage of fat yogurt (Greek or regular yogurt).
- You can add honey based on the sweetness of the fruit and your own taste preferences.
- You can add in peanut butter, Nutella, chocolate chips, nuts or any other mix-in involved in your frozen yogurt fantasies.